It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Best LEO Letter to the Editor Ever...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:22 am 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

Do we? Fuck, something else I'm missing out on. :(
no fun wrote:
this is bullshit, everybody knows that the musicians around here fuck 18 year old girls

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:02 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Where can I buy "high on rock"?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:20 pm 
Message Bored Minion

OWENS wrote:
Where can I buy "high on rock"?

There's a dude that looks like Ernie Hudson that hangs in front of the apartment building on E. Burnett, by 2nd street and next door to what used to be Juanita's. He promotes getting high on rock, and can probably help you locate a retailer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:34 pm 
Message Bored Minion

fuck the bullshit. i challenge this douche to a wrestling match. lets tape me beating his dick in the dirt. "real musicians". fucking hilarious. i wish i could meet this guy in a dark alley.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:23 pm 
N00Benstein

livingston wrote:
fuck the bullshit. i challenge this douche to a wrestling match. lets tape me beating his dick in the dirt. "real musicians". fucking hilarious. i wish i could meet this guy in a dark alley.

I mean he does have a point. Everybody loves to glorify scenes and I never really understand why that is. Just because a bunch of bands play together and are from the same city doesn't necessarily mean that they all go along the same scene wavelength.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:43 pm 
Master and Commander

I don't think that's his point. He's just saying Duncan Barlow and the whole hardcore scene of the 90's and today sucks, and his real musician friends are better because they've had lessons and played with some State Fair circuit cock rock bands and sold 6000 records. Or was that digital downloads? Doesn't matter. By the way, I don't know the numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that Guilt sold way more than 6000 copies of several of their releases. God knows how many records Endpoint sold. If that's what we're using to measure the worth of a musician.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:45 pm 
N00Benstein

db wrote:
I don't think that's his point. He's just saying Duncan Barlow and the whole hardcore scene of the 90's and today sucks, and his real musician friends are better because they've had lessons and played with some State Fair circuit cock rock bands and sold 6000 records. Or was that digital downloads? Doesn't matter. By the way, I don't know the numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that Guilt sold way more than 6000 copies of several of their releases. God knows how many records Endpoint sold. If that's what we're using to measure the worth of a musician.

I feel that too. I mean I knew that really wasn't his point. And you're right, it's sort of retarded to measure a band's talent by the amount of records they sell because some bands that sell millions suck massive dong. I'm just saying that the whole scene clarification deal is kind of bullshit. I hate how certain medias will depict a certain group and acknowledge their entire scene when really there's a lot more to it than that. There's a lot of variety in scenes and especially the Louisville scene. But I'm not necessarily saying that I agree with the bumfuck who wrote the letter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:58 pm 
Message Bored Minion

the guy is a homo. period.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:38 pm 
N00Benstein

How do you gauge a musician, band, or even a scene's importance/quality. After all that seems to have become the question.

I got into punk/hardcore in the early-mid 90's. i didnt know that it still even existed at that point, living in the middle of nowhere in Ohio County and only having access to 70's and 80's punk. met some kids in Owensboro who wanted to start a band. And through them found something happening in louisville.

...seeing Hedge play in the Ground Zero basement, having the ability to buy Month of Sundays first record at a ear X tacy instead of waiting 2 weeks for mailorder, and knowing that me and my shitty pentatonic scale guitar playing could do this,(run on sentence nightmare) or any other damned thing i wanted to do. Empowering!

The point is...the music this "Troll" is talking about doesnt affect people's lives as deeply as hardcore has affected some of us. Its just to bad he has to be such a baby about it.

his loss.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:16 pm 
Message Bored Minion

I have not been on this site for months and I come back to this. That is awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5