It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:58 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Heroin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:52 am 
Master and Commander

I'm sure you can find something up at Cahoots.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:05 am 
Message Bored Minion

look.
what happened what terrible. no one wanted things to go down like that. lets all just take something positive away from this.
check your peeps.
love one another.
we are all fighting the good fight in our own way.
god bless jason noble.
and goddamn it, can we all get along?
-greg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:11 am 
Message Bored Minion

and i admit it. im not punk at all. im a hippie. i love rainbows and broccoli. i like to hike the trails of louisville parks. i like the grafteful dead. (working man's dead is a great album.) i like it when life is good and my friends are well. i want everyone to get everything they want. i believe everyone i know can get what they want. i think there is enough for all of us. i think we can unite. i think we can be great again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:02 am 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

yeah i only made the Al Pacino comment cause he was acting like there are more cop dealers than regular ones.

plus, i like Pacino movies.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:10 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:12 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:22 pm 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

http://vimeo.com/5847951

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:41 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

paperdubs wrote:
Quote:
You can express doubt abut someone's claim and ask for supporting evidence without an air of superiority.

Hasn't the lack of tone of voice always been the problem with message boards? I think if this discussion had played out vocally, you probably wouldn't have detected any condescension or superiority. Fair enough. I'll try to make it a point to make my tone a little more clear in future posts.[/quote]

the double palm picture kind of made your unpresent tone and voice clear. not that it wasnt to begin with...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:15 pm 

XloydtilldeathX666 wrote:
the double palm picture kind of made your unpresent tone and voice clear. not that it wasnt to begin with...

The double-palm was because after clarifying that I agree that this does happen, you continued to argue about whether it does happen. PMs if you want to keep talking about it. This thread has some pretty serious stuff in it, and I don't want to keep filling it up with our bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:26 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

paperdubs wrote:
XloydtilldeathX666 wrote:

The double-palm was because after clarifying that I agree that this does happen, you continued to argue about whether it does happen. PMs if you want to keep talking about it. This thread has some pretty serious stuff in it, and I don't want to keep filling it up with our bullshit.

i thought you were double palming me... not yourself. whatever. its cool.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:39 am 
Forum Super Soldier

"All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:22 am 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

(image deleted)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:54 am 
Forum Super Soldier

Hey Jamie, I'm glad you think that's so fucking cute. I mean really. Aren't you a goddamn school teacher? Stick it down your dick hole man, seriously. Don't come knocking on my door anymore asshole.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:58 am 
Forum Super Soldier

And don't bother with your bullshit high school debate team semantics either. You know you're being an asshole so own it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:03 am 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:50 am 

Old Man of the Mountain wrote:
?

I guess Shawn does not approve of your cereal box.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:18 am 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

If a friend of mine almost died, I be fucking pissed too if someone thought it would be funny to post that.
robertbell wrote:
Old Man of the Mountain wrote:
?

I guess Shawn does not approve of your cereal box.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:40 am 

People have been joking through this entire thread, though. That reaction seemed delayed and excessive. That said, I'd be pissed too if one of my friends almost died of a heroin overdose, especially at that friend.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:00 am 
Forum Super Soldier

Greg ended this on a good note : hey it's all good. love each other yadda yah.
Things were looking up, shitstorm clearing, friends now aware that they're scaring the hell out of us and actually having real dialogue about it...then Miller can't help not only keeping it going, but doing it in the most offensively juvenile way possible. I'll leave it at that. Done. Fini. End.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:40 am 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

SEVERS wrote:
And don't bother with your logic and reason. You know you're being an asshole so own it.

You know what, I'll yield here. Image deleted. I guess it was too soon. Is it too soon for another Evergreen meth lab joke?

Seriously though, I put myself in your shoes. Would I think it was funny if that was posted, given the circumstances? Then I thought, probably not.

This place is filled with so many jokes so much of the time that it's often hard to believe anyone takes anything posted here seriously. And so, I yield.

Perhaps now the discussion can turn once again to "exactly what should be done about the people responsible for this problem?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:49 pm 
Message Bored Minion

"I've tried to finish this eloquently, but fuck it. The point it this: If you are selling something that you know can KILL the person who takes it instantly, then you are someone I don't want around. If you are selling something that is making people fucking OD and, in a matter of time, WILL kill them, I don't want you around. Plain and simple."

Ive held my tongue for quite awhile, but cannot take it anymore. The amount of ignorant, hypocritical bullshit ive seen written on this thread almost made me vomit. Lets see, "...selling something that you can KILL the person who takes it...": ive known more people who have been killed because of alcohol consumption than of any other reason, period. Many of the people wanting to burn drug dealers at the stakes are the same ones you will find driving drunk on a regular basis. Dont get me wrong, Heroin is a stupid, stupid drug; however, I think this city might have to address a few other problems before we turn the focus on this drug. I have lived around hard drug use and heavy alcohol use, and the latter has always led to more despair and depraved shit than the former.

And in regards to the infamous louisville rumor mill: Through certain people, it has been brought to my attention that some people (very dumb and naive people) have thrown names around like they know what they are talking about. A msg to those people: if you are spreading rumors because of shit you heard second hand, SHUT THE FUCK UP. Since i know what happened the other nite, I know when someone is wrong about what or who was involved. But the difference between me and people like you all that spread rumors, is that I know how to keep someones business exactly what it is: THEIR business. Adults, which most of us are by now, can choose what they want to put into their body and any other adult who feels he/she needs to regulate that by calling the police can drive very fast into a brick wall.

"I think the general idea is that an incarcerated drug dealer is no longer dealing drugs. I get your point, but really, why should anyone care if a piece of shit drug dealer, who has caused an incredible amount of pain in the community, goes to jail? I think the idea here, is fuck them."

the above quote made me sick. Are you that naive and uninformed? Do you know anything about drug use? Do you really think an incarcerated drug dealer will eliminate the "incredible amount of pain in the community"? Did you grow up in that much of a sheltered lifestyle that you believe an arrested drug dealer will solve all the problems of a drug using community? That is the same reasoning the DEA, Ronald Reagan, George bush etc. have had. People who use addictive drugs will always have a way to get them. If someone is arrested, their is always an infinite number of people who will fill his/her shoes. Have you read any pertinent material on the drug war and how fucked up it is? I guess you have not, since you obviously write your statement from a very ignorant point of view.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:54 pm 
Message Bored Minion

oh yeah, and Im not advocating a total anti-cop/narc position; BUT, i do think that as long as murder or rape or other violent crime is not involved, then there is no reason to involve police in this business. Im shocked that so many people on this board would be proud of helping the police in catching a drug dealer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:11 pm 
Message Bored Minion

one more thing; Dont let my anger hide my sadness too. The People involved here are my friends too, so i hope people will keep that in mind in reading my posts.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:36 pm 

WEAPONS wrote:
"I think the general idea is that an incarcerated drug dealer is no longer dealing drugs. I get your point, but really, why should anyone care if a piece of shit drug dealer, who has caused an incredible amount of pain in the community, goes to jail? I think the idea here, is fuck them."

the above quote made me sick. Are you that naive and uninformed? Do you know anything about drug use? Do you really think an incarcerated drug dealer will eliminate the "incredible amount of pain in the community"? Did you grow up in that much of a sheltered lifestyle that you believe an arrested drug dealer will solve all the problems of a drug using community? That is the same reasoning the DEA, Ronald Reagan, George bush etc. have had. People who use addictive drugs will always have a way to get them. If someone is arrested, their is always an infinite number of people who will fill his/her shoes. Have you read any pertinent material on the drug war and how fucked up it is? I guess you have not, since you obviously write your statement from a very ignorant point of view.

I don't appreciate being condescended to. I offered a logistically sound response to a reasonably posed question. Logically, if less people are dealing drugs, less people can consume them. I realize that this is a simple solution to a complex question, but it is also the quickest way from point a to point b. And I can't say I understand the need to bring up alcohol into the equation. At no point in this thread has anyone defended alcohol or drunk-driving. What I understand as the main point of the entire thread was "some friends are in a rough spot because of narcotic consumption and we should help them." Then everyone debated on the most acceptable path.

What I'm interested in is what compels you to defend a drug dealer? I've known plenty of people who've done drugs and likely even sold them. Some of them were friends. I've known people who have had to much to drink and then drove home. I'm not judging any individual. Everyone makes mistakes. I am however, calling these actions like I see them, which is harmful, at least potentially harmful, to the community.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:35 pm 

I guess I've known far too many drug dealers to think that they are just non-persons/homo sacer who deserve imprisonment or even execution for what they do. They are people who have, often with their backs against the wall, made a decision to support themselves by doing something that can get them arrested or hurt others. They're not monsters. It's far more reprehensible to wish death on someone for committing a consensual crime than it is to commit that crime in the first place.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next