Why not?

us vs. us
Post Reply

What is an appropriate rate to charge per hour for recording?

$12.50
2
8%
$15.00
4
17%
$17.40
1
4%
$20.00
2
8%
$25.00
6
25%
$30.00
9
38%
 
Total votes: 24
User avatar
tripbarriger
Master and Commander
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 am

Why not?

Post by tripbarriger » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:02 am

I'm starting a new studio. Bigger main room, better control room, 24 hours/7 days a week.

We'll work when you want to work.

I would like to make it VERY affordable while still making a few bucks in the process.

What do you think is fair?

Who wants to sign up as the "TEST" band for a one day "peel-like session"?
Paul Watkins
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 2762
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:43 pm
Location: louisville
Contact:

Re: Why not?

Post by Paul Watkins » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:06 am

i'll test you, friend.
User avatar
Darth Radical
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 6013
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: A horse!

Re: Why not?

Post by Darth Radical » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:26 am

TripBarriger wrote:I'm starting a new studio. Bigger main room, better control room, 24 hours/7 days a week.

We'll work when you want to work.

I would like to make it VERY affordable while still making a few bucks in the process.

What do you think is fair?

Who wants to sign up as the "TEST" band for a one day "peel-like session"?
Lee Van Cleef
User avatar
duncan
Darth Crabcore
Posts: 4883
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: louisville
Contact:

Re: Why not?

Post by duncan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:37 pm

Totally want to do some Peel sessions. Need to do those when sick bands are in town to come and record a few tracks!
in spite of the things you want, you will get what you're due
User avatar
Darth Radical
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 6013
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: A horse!

Re: Why not?

Post by Darth Radical » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:42 pm

duncan wrote:Totally want to do some Peel sessions. Need to do those when sick bands are in town to come and record a few tracks!
Actually, you really should do something like this or In the Fishtank. If/when you get Low or the Ex through town, I'll accompany them. Let me know.
User avatar
tripbarriger
Master and Commander
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 am

Re: Why not?

Post by tripbarriger » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:07 am

101 Views and 10 votes.
Come on ladies and gents - lets get some more!
Your opinion IS needed.



Paul Watkins with Lee Van Cleef? A match made in ________?
Paul Watkins
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 2762
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:43 pm
Location: louisville
Contact:

Re: Why not?

Post by Paul Watkins » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:09 am

jazz cigarette heaven?
User avatar
Darth Radical
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 6013
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: A horse!

Re: Why not?

Post by Darth Radical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:53 pm

TripBarriger wrote:Paul Watkins with Lee Van Cleef? A match made in a hot tub, with two topless babes that are offering me back rubs and Kahlua soaked cigars, while I'm drinking Young's Double Chocolate Stout.
Mike Bigtime
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 3534
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: parkway village
Contact:

Re: Why not?

Post by Mike Bigtime » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:23 pm

TripBarriger wrote:Paul Watkins with Lee Van Cleef? A match made in a windowless van parked across the street from the playground.
User avatar
Darth Radical
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 6013
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: A horse!

Re: Why not?

Post by Darth Radical » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:41 pm

Image
no fun
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 2708
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Why not?

Post by no fun » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Hourly rates...block rates! FTW
Mike Bigtime
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 3534
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: parkway village
Contact:

Re: Why not?

Post by Mike Bigtime » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:10 pm

late night tv ad wrote:Boys, do you want to cum... and record with Trip? Then just call 1-900 WET BEARD. Your rock and roll fantasies are just a phone call away. Call Trip now for wet, wild fun at just 69 cents a minute. He's waiting.
User avatar
Gary
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 3294
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:31 pm
Location: Beckley Woods

Re: Why not?

Post by Gary » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:34 pm

little_atlas_heavyweight wrote:
TripBarriger wrote:Paul Watkins with Lee Van Cleef? A match made in a hot tub, with two topless babes that are offering me back rubs and Kahlua soaked cigars, while I'm drinking Young's Dirty Dick.
NINJA BACHELOR PARTY
User avatar
Darth Radical
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 6013
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: A horse!

Re: Why not?

Post by Darth Radical » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:03 am

Axe and Stacks wrote:
little_atlas_heavyweight wrote:
TripBarriger wrote:Paul Watkins with Lee Van Cleef? A match made in a hot tub, with two topless babes that are offering me back rubs and Kahlua soaked cigars, while I'm drinking Young's Dirty Dick.
d00d!
Mike Bigtime
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 3534
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:39 pm
Location: parkway village
Contact:

Re: Why not?

Post by Mike Bigtime » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:40 am

Axe and Stacks wrote:
little_atlas_heavyweight wrote:
TripBarriger wrote:Paul Watkins with Lee Van Cleef? A match made in Andy Schanie's hot tub, with two topless pregnant teens that are offering me back rubs and Kahlua soaked cigars, while I'm sucking Eric Young's dirty dick.
User avatar
younglobo1979
Forum Super Soldier
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:19 am
Location: Close to the biggest titty-bar in the city.
Contact:

Re: Why not?

Post by younglobo1979 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:21 am

What happened?
Paul Watkins
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 2762
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:43 pm
Location: louisville
Contact:

Re: Why not?

Post by Paul Watkins » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:58 am

good god i love the Double Chocolate Stout!

in reality i'd probably just hang and compliment the many guitars of LVC.
User avatar
tripbarriger
Master and Commander
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 am

Re: Why not?

Post by tripbarriger » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:35 pm

younglobo1979 wrote:What happened?
The thread derailed.

Bump to the top. Be honest Louisville.
User avatar
motherfuckingcaptain
Message Bored Minion
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Why not?

Post by motherfuckingcaptain » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:08 pm

TripBarriger wrote: Who wants to sign up as the "TEST" band for a one day "pee-blood session"?
OV
User avatar
rebelbelle
Message Bored Minion
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:47 am
Location: New Albany

Re: Why not?

Post by rebelbelle » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:34 pm

I think that you list the price as $30, then you do cheaper block rates, you offer "specials" when times are slow. You offer student discounts, or cheaper rates for days/times of day that don't get as much interest. Charging a little higher price offers more wiggle room. People always want a deal or always want to think they are getting a deal, that they are "in" with whoever is in charge.
no fun
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 2708
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Why not?

Post by no fun » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:14 pm

rebelbelle wrote:I think that you list the price as $30, then you do cheaper block rates, you offer "specials" when times are slow. You offer student discounts, or cheaper rates for days/times of day that don't get as much interest. Charging a little higher price offers more wiggle room. People always want a deal or always want to think they are getting a deal, that they are "in" with whoever is in charge.
This.
Robert
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 4015
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 9:51 am

Re: Why not?

Post by Robert » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:42 pm

no fun wrote:
rebelbelle wrote:I think that you list the price as $30, then you do cheaper block rates, you offer "specials" when times are slow. You offer student discounts, or cheaper rates for days/times of day that don't get as much interest. Charging a little higher price offers more wiggle room. People always want a deal or always want to think they are getting a deal, that they are "in" with whoever is in charge.
This.
User avatar
Thommy Browne
Let's Make This Post Legendary
Posts: 5023
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:50 am
Location: Louisville
Contact:

Re: Why not?

Post by Thommy Browne » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Have you ever had the opportunity to take on projects like radio spots, podcasts or voice over work (or anything outside of recording bands)?
User avatar
tripbarriger
Master and Commander
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:46 am

Re: Why not?

Post by tripbarriger » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:04 am

Thommy Browne wrote:Have you ever had the opportunity to take on projects like radio spots, podcasts or voice over work (or anything outside of recording bands)?
I have recorded voice overs for a few advertisements, and audio for film/video. Never done a podcast/radio show - that sounds fun! You got something in the works?
Post Reply