55%
Without Noodles
45%

Total votes: 31
flexyournoggin
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

Re: Chili

Post by flexyournoggin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:18 am

No one has seen me weep like Andy has after feeding me some of his lavasauce. Ugh.
paperdubs wrote:It was tongue in cheek, but Andy and I have talked about our love of all things hot before. Adam's right, though, that once it gets to all heat/no flavor, there's really no point to it. Gotta balance the two.
no fun
Let's Make This Post Legendary

Post by no fun » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:21 am

flexyournoggin wrote:No one has seen me weep like Andy has after feeding me some of his lavasauce. Ugh.
paperdubs wrote:It was tongue in cheek, but Andy and I have talked about our love of all things hot before. Adam's right, though, that once it gets to all heat/no flavor, there's really no point to it. Gotta balance the two.

That stuff was rough. Delicious, but rough.
worm merkin
Vegeta of the innarwebs

Post by worm merkin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:31 pm

robertbell wrote:
no fun wrote:All of these retardedly hot pepper extract hot sauces with like 100,000,000 scoville units or whatever are definitely capable of making something too hot.

Those are just stunt "sauces" that people make to win records and people buy to say they own.

this. i got into them for a while but realized... they're just hot, they don't really bring a lot of flavor to the party for the most part.

also realized i should warn house guests as to which sauces are the one-drop-per-10-gallon sauces vs just hot sauce. someone made a very bad but hilarious mistake once...
devilspalm16
Message Bored Minion

Post by devilspalm16 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Personally, I could care less as long as the chili is eatable. However, I grew up eating elbow macaroni in the Chili my mom and aunts made. Also, the first time a friend's family in the highlands introduced to chili spaghetti, they didn't give me enough chili in my bowl. It was about 2 parts pasta and 1 part chili. Everything must be of equal portions in it!

Plus, chili should not be too hot, it should be a mild, warming hotness. If it just burns and overwhelms the tastebuds, you're doing it wrong imo.
lee

Post by lee » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:26 pm

I made chili today. It is quite awesome.
shivelycore

Post by shivelycore » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:28 pm

devilspalm16 wrote:Personally, I could care less as long as the chili is eatable. However, I grew up eating elbow macaroni in the Chili my mom and aunts made. Also, the first time a friend's family in the highlands introduced to chili spaghetti, they didn't give me enough chili in my bowl. It was about 2 parts pasta and 1 part chili. Everything must be of equal portions in it!

Plus, chili should not be too hot, it should be a mild, warming hotness. If it just burns and overwhelms the tastebuds, you're doing it wrong imo.

Wrong, unless it melts your face it's just bean soup or runny sloppy joes.
If people didnt think Prince and The Beatles were so great, we wouldn't have these problems.
Mike Bigtime

Post by Mike Bigtime » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:29 pm

shivelycore wrote:Wrong, unless it melts your face it's just bean soup or runny sloppy joes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
worm merkin
Vegeta of the innarwebs

Post by worm merkin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:50 pm

this thread + being really broke this week = making a big ol' pot of chili today. no noodles. no peanut butter. maybe chocolate. or maybe mole instead.