It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:36 am

Post subject: Let's talk about stories from shows of yore.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:35 pm 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

My favorite thing that happened at the BRYCC House:

Cast from Eden was playing a show there or something and it was on a Friday, so naturally a ton of drunk assholes were shouting at folks at the BRYCC from their cars. Doug and a bunch of other people were standing outside hanging out and one of the TARC trolly deals was driving by. This frat douche was hanging out of the side of the window waving what looked like a dead cat, or a fur, or something along those lines. No clue how or why. The dude is screaming and has his tongue out making raspberries, flipping off the people in front of the place, and is talking all this shit from the safety of the trolly. Doug yells something to the guy, pours out a glass bottle of apple juice, and throws the glass bottle at this dude on the trolly. It shatters against the dude's head. EPIC.

Post subject: Re: Let's talk about stories from shows of yore.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:37 am 
N00Benstein

Armbar "riot", Pandamonium.

All I can say is... Guitar > courage crew cranium.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:41 am 
Forum Super Soldier

These aren't particular violent or brawly, but-

Does anyone have video of the Evergreen show at the Grand where the cops pulled Britt off the drums after they turned the power off?

or

Video of the ACID show at the Lausman house out near Taylorsville where the floor collapsed?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:48 am 
Forum Super Soldier

My BFF frenched the dead guy from Candy Snatchers for a free t-shirt. This was at the Toy Tiger. (She doesn't have the shirt any more.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:10 am 

I prefer to not think of most of the good stories I knew from the BRYCC House.

Although there's always Ella or Jared walking in on a "sleeping" Rick Ta Life while he was having an "Old School Circle Jerk".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 pm 

Wait, wut?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:40 pm 
N00Benstein

shivelycore wrote:
I prefer to not think of most of the good stories I knew from the BRYCC House.

Although there's always Ella or Jared walking in on a "sleeping" Rick Ta Life while he was having an "Old School Circle Jerk".

Aww shit.. I gave him a high five.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:42 pm 

a rains wrote:
Wait, wut?

During Novembember when Coming Correct played at Reetmania, Coming Correct crashed at the BRYCC House. Rick was asleep on a couch in the big room and someone walked in there about 3 in the morning to get something and Rick was laying on the couch jerkin it in his basketball shorts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:51 pm 

Ohh. I thought you meant that he was having an actual circle jerk with his bandmates. That would be one for the books. Still...lol.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:14 pm 

a rains wrote:
Ohh. I thought you meant that he was having an actual circle jerk with his bandmates. That would be one for the books. Still...lol.

I just coined Old School Circle Jerk as a play on his cry of Old School Circle Pit, it didn't exactly fit but it sorta stuck.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:03 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

shivelycore wrote:
a rains wrote:

I just coined Old School Circle Jerk as a play on his cry of Old School Circle Pit, it didn't exactly fit but it sorta stuck.

That and no one listens to 25 to Life or Comin' Correct. You sir are down.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:32 pm 

I remember that show. Comin' Correct had to borrow everything but heads and guitars because they were touring in a minivan with Rick's distro, which took up the entire area of the stage in the big room. That thing was massive, and most of it was crappy quality dubbed tapes and shirts with ink so thin that it would probably rub off against a brick wall if you leaned too hard. They covered the Imperial Theme from Star Wars. It was incredibly lame or awesome, depending on your standpoint.

I always loved how much the employees at Taco Bell hated the BRYCC House and the folks that would attend shows there. I remember when they closed, I asked the lady who managed (or manages, I think) if business had gone down.

"Nope. A whole lot more people order something besides bean burritos and waters these days."

Weird to think that a lot of MTV metalcore bands played the small room at the BRYCC coming through in the early part of last decade. One of my favorite memories was playing with Coheed and Cambria. Their guitarist came up to tell me that he liked our set. I told him flat out that I thought they sucked. Ah, memories.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:16 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

I remember a show at Primizie Pizza (where BBC on 4th is now) when Charlie (the notoriously bad manager of the place) forgot to show up for a show- this would have been 1997. I think the lineup was Month of Sundays, Itch House, and a couple more? Maybe Samson? I can't remember exactly. I could be wrong about that lineup. Anyway, someone (I'm thinking Brandon or Nate from NP) figured out how to run power out to the little stage in theater square and we did a show anyway. I remember that the show was the night of Manual's junior prom, so my bandmates and I in Itch House performed in formal attire. Then I remember jumping around in the fountain afterwards. I think the cops might have shown up and made everyone leave? Anyone remember this show? My memory is fuzzy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:45 am 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

I think I was at that one. I was at Primizee's damn near 1-2 times a week for about 3 years so a lot runs together. Was there another show that night at Spark's? I want to say that I hung out at Primizee's for a while then went to see Armbar or something.

Anyone else besides Corey at the Bodyhammer 'show' in 1999 where Charlie didn't show up or answer his phone, so certain band members smashed christmas ornaments full of red paint all over his windows? There was snow and ice all over, which is presumably why Charlie didn't show up.

carrie_neumayer wrote:
I remember a show at Primizie Pizza (where BBC on 4th is now) when Charlie (the notoriously bad manager of the place) forgot to show up for a show- this would have been 1997. I think the lineup was Month of Sundays, Itch House, and a couple more? Maybe Samson? I can't remember exactly. I could be wrong about that lineup. Anyway, someone (I'm thinking Brandon or Nate from NP) figured out how to run power out to the little stage in theater square and we did a show anyway. I remember that the show was the night of Manual's junior prom, so my bandmates and I in Itch House performed in formal attire. Then I remember jumping around in the fountain afterwards. I think the cops might have shown up and made everyone leave? Anyone remember this show? My memory is fuzzy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:51 am 

Then of course there was the Worst Band In Louisville Contest show. Keith sprayed Derrick in the face with a fire extinguisher, Stevie sptting an entire container of grated cheese on the floor, me breaking a guitar into a pile of splinters and mooning the crowd. Even better over 50 people paid one dollar to witness this while a free Elliott show was going on 4 blocks away.

flexyournoggin wrote:
I think I was at that one. I was at Primizee's damn near 1-2 times a week for about 3 years so a lot runs together. Was there another show that night at Spark's? I want to say that I hung out at Primizee's for a while then went to see Armbar or something.

Anyone else besides Corey at the Bodyhammer 'show' in 1999 where Charlie didn't show up or answer his phone, so certain band members smashed christmas ornaments full of red paint all over his windows? There was snow and ice all over, which is presumably why Charlie didn't show up.

carrie_neumayer wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:54 am 
Master and Commander

I remember seeing Jeff from Blue Collar Revenge Theory performing butt naked at Primizie's, an image that's probably burned into my brain for life. What made it especially great is that they had that big window right there for all passers-by to see.

I love all the venues we've had more recently where most everyone is respectful, but there was something kind of awesome about an antagonistic character like Charlie. You could trash the place or steal pizza and feel good about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:06 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

flexyournoggin wrote:

carrie_neumayer wrote:

That was the Ousia 7" release show - January 99.
Slush was ankle deep, the city was pretty much shut down, weather was total shit...and yet lots of people showed up anyway.
The show ended up moving to Lynnview Community Center, where some kid was having a birthday party with bands playing.
I guess a combination of the weather, the incident at Primizie's and combining two shows at the last minute across town added to the overall excitement and vibe. It was a great night. Lots of energy, terrific performances by the bands, place packed and dark. Awesome.
I have audio recordings of the show and have always thought that the Ousia set should be released, as is, as it's own record. To this day, I have never heard another band who does what they did.
Also, Charlie was a total schmo. Never could stand that guy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:28 pm 

SEVERS wrote:
I have audio recordings of the show and have always thought that the Ousia set should be released, as is, as it's own record. To this day, I have never heard another band who does what they did.

i'd buy it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:07 am 

awesomesmasher wrote:
SEVERS wrote:

i'd buy it

Seconded.
And agreed; Ousia were a unique band. Wish they had more than the 7" and the native soil track.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:30 am 
Forum Super Soldier

From what I've heard there's another whole album, but Rob never recorded the vocals. PAGING TB.

And Carrie, Samson did play with Itch House and Nero at Primizies.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:45 am 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

Didn't Samson play that big 1-day fest at Bingham Park on lower Brownsboro Rd. in.. '97? I know Trademark played, but I can't really remember who else. Maybe Los Claeros (sp)?

seanroberts wrote:
From what I've heard there's another whole album, but Rob never recorded the vocals. PAGING TB.

And Carrie, Samson did play with Itch House and Nero at Primizies.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:54 pm 

flexyournoggin wrote:
Didn't Samson play that big 1-day fest at Bingham Park on lower Brownsboro Rd. in.. '97? I know Trademark played, but I can't really remember who else. Maybe Los Claeros (sp)?

Was that the show that ended up getting shut down and moved to someone's house? I remember going to a show at a park on Brownsboro where that happened (that I believe Samson was supposed to play). Ended up going out to the house, sticking around for just a short while and then skipping out after feeling like I was at a party I hadn't been invited to.

I liked Samson a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:10 pm 

andrewpadon wrote:
I love all the venues we've had more recently where most everyone is respectful, but there was something kind of awesome about an antagonistic character like Charlie. You could trash the place or steal pizza and feel good about it.

I kind of feel like Louisville needs a place with that kind of vibe right now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:46 am 
Forum Super Soldier

Mike Bigtime wrote:
flexyournoggin wrote:

Was that the show that ended up getting shut down and moved to someone's house? I remember going to a show at a park on Brownsboro where that happened (that I believe Samson was supposed to play). Ended up going out to the house, sticking around for just a short while and then skipping out after feeling like I was at a party I hadn't been invited to.

I liked Samson a lot.

All of that is correct. We were supposed to play there with Trademark & Month of Sundays (and others, maybe Castner?). The guy who set the show up screwed up on the end time. We set up to play and the cops shut it down. We moved the show to my house in Springhurst and ended up with a 300 person party.

I remember Samson playing a show at Veggie Vault with By The Grace Of God, Castner & McAfee (maybe '96?). My friend Jay Durbin threw a guy through the window.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:00 pm 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

I didn't remember the show getting shut down. A friend lived about 3 blocks away, and we were going back and forth all day. I must have missed it. I'm pretty sure that was the day that I picked up "The shitty demo" from you all though.

I remember that Veggie Vault show - I saw Samson, Castner and McAfee but had to leave to play a show at Primizee's (so it must have been 97/98). I missed that window drama and BTGOG too. Why the hell did he throw a guy through the window?

seanroberts wrote:
All of that is correct. We were supposed to play there with Trademark & Month of Sundays (and others, maybe Castner?). The guy who set the show up screwed up on the end time. We set up to play and the cops shut it down. We moved the show to my house in Springhurst and ended up with a 300 person party.

I remember Samson playing a show at Veggie Vault with By The Grace Of God, Castner & McAfee (maybe '96?). My friend Jay Durbin threw a guy through the window.