It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:09 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:55 am 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:28 pm
Posts: 5062
Location: Louisville / Cincinnati
The only thing i've ever had by this band is the 7", which I totally love... I know there's a demo or two and some other business, does anyone have any of those recordings?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:55 am 
Let's Make This Post Legendary
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 6001
Location: A horse!
Apparently Temporary Residence does. They had talked about putting this out or something a few years ago, even assuring me via an email transaction that it was on the horizon, but it never came to fruition. I'm guessing, and this is just a guess WHAT DO I KNOW, that as awesome as Telephone Man was (and they were), that making a Telephone Man discography approximately 17 years after they broke up would make around 20.00 tops which is a bad business model. I would hope that if someone has that stuff, that they would be willing to share in some capacity, because I want it too.

_________________
http://never-nervous.blogspot.com/
http://argument.louisvillehardcore.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:46 am 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 9:51 am
Posts: 4015
Me too. I had a dub of that one-sided tape at some point in the past but I don't have anymore tapes of anything anymore. I would buy a discography.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:47 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 784
The fact that the unreleased stuff was held back because Matt didn't like the way it sounded leads me to believe it won't happen, especially given previously cited issues with it not being a good business idea.

_________________
http://alcoholparty.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:43 pm 
Let's Make This Post Legendary
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 6001
Location: A horse!
evenmoregeneric wrote:
The fact that the unreleased stuff was held back because Matt didn't like the way it sounded leads me to believe it won't happen, especially given previously cited issues with it not being a good business idea.


Do you know that gentleman? I really, really want that Telephone Man stuff even if he doesn't want it publicly distributed. I think a lot of us would enjoy hearing it, even if it is demo quality or what-have-you.

_________________
http://never-nervous.blogspot.com/
http://argument.louisvillehardcore.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:49 pm 
Forum Super Soldier
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:08 am
Posts: 693
Location: Berlin
would buy

_________________
Record List: http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/MIKEATTACK/
Joke band: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fetal-Homicide/156950790987290


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:57 pm 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:29 pm
Posts: 16844
Location: Louisville
I've got a lot of the stuff, let me see when I get home tonight. Though, an answer on the release status straight from the horse's mouth would be fantastic.
Darth Radical wrote:
evenmoregeneric wrote:
The fact that the unreleased stuff was held back because Matt didn't like the way it sounded leads me to believe it won't happen, especially given previously cited issues with it not being a good business idea.


Do you know that gentleman? I really, really want that Telephone Man stuff even if he doesn't want it publicly distributed. I think a lot of us would enjoy hearing it, even if it is demo quality or what-have-you.

_________________
duncan wrote:
im a turtle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:26 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 784
That is just what Nick, who was not a decision maker in the band, told me. He doesn't even have that recording and he played on it.

_________________
http://alcoholparty.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:09 pm 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:28 pm
Posts: 5062
Location: Louisville / Cincinnati
I'd buy the discography.. I hope someone ends up putting it out.

I'd also be into hearing whatever unreleased material exists.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 am 
Vegeta of the innarwebs

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:59 pm
Posts: 10349
Location: 60618
i used to have all their stuff but at somepoint lost all of their unreleased demos, which was my favorite stuff outside of the castner 7". but i still have the s/t cassette and "five songs i call stupid"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:14 pm 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:29 pm
Posts: 16844
Location: Louisville
It sounds like I should really get the demo recorded right before/after that 7".

worm merkin wrote:
i used to have all their stuff but at somepoint lost all of their unreleased demos, which was my favorite stuff outside of the castner 7". but i still have the s/t cassette and "five songs i call stupid"

_________________
duncan wrote:
im a turtle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:35 pm 
Let's Make This Post Legendary
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:43 am
Posts: 7188
Location: Twin Cities Hardcore
I love the demo with grandfather on it even though it's audio outputs in negative decibles.

_________________
If people didnt think Prince and The Beatles were so great, we wouldn't have these problems.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:57 pm 
N00Benstein

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 15
About 9-10 years ago when emusic.com was fairly new, Slamdek had music on there, and among the available downloads was "Complete Studio Recordings" by the Telephone Man. I downloaded it, and while they are very quiet, 128kbps mp3's I have them. (as an aside, Slamdek claimed that Sister Shannon and many other long gone Slamdek releases would arrive on the site, but that never happened)

I don't know if this truly is a full discography or not, but these are the songs I have:

1. Muldoon
2. Whole Man Half Man
3. I Will Follow You
4. Grandfather
5. Douglass Boulevard
6. Let Me Tell You How Much I Like You So You Can Treat Me Like Shit
7. Rain=Flood
8. Kelly
9. Castner
10. Automatic Pilot

The last two tracks are the same recording as the 7"

Also for what it's worth, every year Temporary Residence does Top 10 lists from many people associated with the label. For 2010 Jeremy Devine in his "Life" category includes, "Finally hatching plans for Bitch Magnet and The Telephone Man reissues." Hopefully it is still being worked on.
http://temporaryresidence.com/news/topt ... emy-devine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:15 pm 
Vegeta of the innarwebs

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:59 pm
Posts: 10349
Location: 60618
lostincincy wrote:
I don't know if this truly is a full discography or not, but these are the songs I have:

1. Muldoon
2. Whole Man Half Man
3. I Will Follow You
4. Grandfather
5. Douglass Boulevard
6. Let Me Tell You How Much I Like You So You Can Treat Me Like Shit
7. Rain=Flood
8. Kelly
9. Castner
10. Automatic Pilot

The last two tracks are the same recording as the 7"


5 Songs I Call Stupid:
Camaro
Inspector 29
Nothing
Rebel Yell
Dollar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:20 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 784
Hell, who knows . . . the announcement of a Bitch Magnet reunion was not something I expected, either.

_________________
http://alcoholparty.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:19 pm 
Let's Make This Post Legendary
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 6001
Location: A horse!
lostincincy wrote:
About 9-10 years ago when emusic.com was fairly new, Slamdek had music on there, and among the available downloads was "Complete Studio Recordings" by the Telephone Man. I downloaded it, and while they are very quiet, 128kbps mp3's I have them. (as an aside, Slamdek claimed that Sister Shannon and many other long gone Slamdek releases would arrive on the site, but that never happened)

I don't know if this truly is a full discography or not, but these are the songs I have:

1. Muldoon
2. Whole Man Half Man
3. I Will Follow You
4. Grandfather
5. Douglass Boulevard
6. Let Me Tell You How Much I Like You So You Can Treat Me Like Shit
7. Rain=Flood
8. Kelly
9. Castner
10. Automatic Pilot

The last two tracks are the same recording as the 7"

Also for what it's worth, every year Temporary Residence does Top 10 lists from many people associated with the label. For 2010 Jeremy Devine in his "Life" category includes, "Finally hatching plans for Bitch Magnet and The Telephone Man reissues." Hopefully it is still being worked on.
http://temporaryresidence.com/news/topt ... emy-devine


Tracks 5-8 are what I need. I have the rest. That shit is great, as is the 7 inch stuff. Supposedly they did an eight track of recording of stuff that came after the 7 inch. I want that too, if it exists anywhere.

_________________
http://never-nervous.blogspot.com/
http://argument.louisvillehardcore.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:40 pm 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:28 pm
Posts: 5062
Location: Louisville / Cincinnati
Darth Radical wrote:
lostincincy wrote:
About 9-10 years ago when emusic.com was fairly new, Slamdek had music on there, and among the available downloads was "Complete Studio Recordings" by the Telephone Man. I downloaded it, and while they are very quiet, 128kbps mp3's I have them. (as an aside, Slamdek claimed that Sister Shannon and many other long gone Slamdek releases would arrive on the site, but that never happened)

I don't know if this truly is a full discography or not, but these are the songs I have:

1. Muldoon
2. Whole Man Half Man
3. I Will Follow You
4. Grandfather
5. Douglass Boulevard
6. Let Me Tell You How Much I Like You So You Can Treat Me Like Shit
7. Rain=Flood
8. Kelly
9. Castner
10. Automatic Pilot

The last two tracks are the same recording as the 7"

Also for what it's worth, every year Temporary Residence does Top 10 lists from many people associated with the label. For 2010 Jeremy Devine in his "Life" category includes, "Finally hatching plans for Bitch Magnet and The Telephone Man reissues." Hopefully it is still being worked on.
http://temporaryresidence.com/news/topt ... emy-devine


Tracks 5-8 are what I need. I have the rest. That shit is great, as is the 7 inch stuff. Supposedly they did an eight track of recording of stuff that came after the 7 inch. I want that too, if it exists anywhere.


I remembered this going up on the Slamdek site a million years ago, but have heard nothing of it since.
I'd love to hear tracks 5-8 if you're willing to share. Understandable if not, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:53 am 
Message Bored Minion
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:47 am
Posts: 160
Location: New Albany
Would buy. Even mp3.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:41 am 
N00Benstein

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 15
I'll try to get the tracks I have up somewhere to share. And hopefully we one day get re-mastered versions to buy from Temporary Residence. I'll keep you posted...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:10 am 
Vegeta of the innarwebs

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:59 pm
Posts: 10349
Location: 60618
lostincincy wrote:
I'll try to get the tracks I have up somewhere to share. And hopefully we one day get re-mastered versions to buy from Temporary Residence. I'll keep you posted...


that would be so rad.

i used to have the recordings straight from scott ritcher, then after i lost those i bought them from emusic, then apparently lost those as well. d'oh!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:20 am 
N00Benstein

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:05 am
Posts: 1
flexyournoggin wrote:
I've got a lot of the stuff, let me see when I get home tonight. Though, an answer on the release status straight from the horse's mouth would be fantastic.


Am I the horse in this situation? This will happen next year. Sorry for the delays. Thanks for caring.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:43 am 
Vegeta of the innarwebs

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:59 pm
Posts: 10349
Location: 60618
TRL wrote:
flexyournoggin wrote:
I've got a lot of the stuff, let me see when I get home tonight. Though, an answer on the release status straight from the horse's mouth would be fantastic.


Am I the horse in this situation? This will happen next year. Sorry for the delays. Thanks for caring.


w00000t!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:07 am 
N00Benstein

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:26 pm
Posts: 15
TRL wrote:
flexyournoggin wrote:
I've got a lot of the stuff, let me see when I get home tonight. Though, an answer on the release status straight from the horse's mouth would be fantastic.


Am I the horse in this situation? This will happen next year. Sorry for the delays. Thanks for caring.



Hell yes we care! I want this so bad. Thanks for updating us!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:04 pm 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 9:51 am
Posts: 4015
TRL wrote:
flexyournoggin wrote:
I've got a lot of the stuff, let me see when I get home tonight. Though, an answer on the release status straight from the horse's mouth would be fantastic.


Am I the horse in this situation? This will happen next year. Sorry for the delays. Thanks for caring.


This is fucking great news! I love your label!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Telephone Man
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:29 pm 
Forum Super Soldier
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:08 am
Posts: 693
Location: Berlin
delightful

_________________
Record List: http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/MIKEATTACK/
Joke band: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fetal-Homicide/156950790987290


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: