It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:48 am

Post subject: Re: Supporting yourself and your music
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:20 pm 
N00Benstein

Yes they make you drive to some place on south 3rd street to piss in a cup.....

Quote:
prepare to have lots of fun times, make lots of new friends and have plenty of interesting experiences too.

I thought this would be a good time to talk about a "tour" experience.
There is this band.... Panic Manor. I have been talking to the members of this band for a little over a year now. They are from Augusta Georgia. This was January of this year i think, could have been February, I don't know. Anyway, They said they were playing a big show down in Athens and invited us. The dumb ass that i was thought.... "OH MAYBE THEY WILL ASK US TO PLAY! AND THEN WE ARE GOING TO MEET PPL WHO OWN RECORDING STUDIOS! HERP-ADERP-ADERPADITTY-DERP1!" So, we called everyone we knew and asked to borrow their cars 3 days before the leave. Somehow we managed to get our stoner friend to do in exchange for letting him drop acid on the way there (while I drove). He was also an ex band member who left for his own reasons. We stopped in Nashville on the way down and checked out 3rd man records (Jack White's Recording studio). We recorded our (shitty) single the day before on a taskam recording mix board and mastered the track at third man (just asked to use their plus in the front shop lol). we stopped at like 4 fast food joint on the way there and made over 9000 copies on said taskam while eating mcgangbangs. Finally got to Athens. We didn't get asked to play. Met a few bands that actually tour here now because of us. Moshed, stage dove. stoner guy almost got robbed trying to buy weed in a back ally. We slept in a hotel parking lot and had to clean up a snotty clear goo off the inside of the windows. we almost got raped that night by some rednecks who parked next to us at like 3 am for no reason. we came home...... and all we got were bloody noses, busted up knees, and some business cards.

TOTALLY WORTH IT

Post subject: Re: Supporting yourself and your music
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:30 am 
Message Bored Minion

xSmellyxSkunkx wrote:
Yes they make you drive to some place on south 3rd street to piss in a cup.....

Quote:
prepare to have lots of fun times, make lots of new friends and have plenty of interesting experiences too.

I thought this would be a good time to talk about a "tour" experience.
There is this band.... Panic Manor. I have been talking to the members of this band for a little over a year now. They are from Augusta Georgia. This was January of this year i think, could have been February, I don't know. Anyway, They said they were playing a big show down in Athens and invited us. The dumb ass that i was thought.... "OH MAYBE THEY WILL ASK US TO PLAY! AND THEN WE ARE GOING TO MEET PPL WHO OWN RECORDING STUDIOS! HERP-ADERP-ADERPADITTY-DERP1!" So, we called everyone we knew and asked to borrow their cars 3 days before the leave. Somehow we managed to get our stoner friend to do in exchange for letting him drop acid on the way there (while I drove). He was also an ex band member who left for his own reasons. We stopped in Nashville on the way down and checked out 3rd man records (Jack White's Recording studio). We recorded our (shitty) single the day before on a taskam recording mix board and mastered the track at third man (just asked to use their plus in the front shop lol). we stopped at like 4 fast food joint on the way there and made over 9000 copies on said taskam while eating mcgangbangs. Finally got to Athens. We didn't get asked to play. Met a few bands that actually tour here now because of us. Moshed, stage dove. stoner guy almost got robbed trying to buy weed in a back ally. We slept in a hotel parking lot and had to clean up a snotty clear goo off the inside of the windows. we almost got raped that night by some rednecks who parked next to us at like 3 am for no reason. we came home...... and all we got were bloody noses, busted up knees, and some business cards.

TOTALLY WORTH IT

Athens, GA is a helluva town.