It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:26 am

Post subject: Spiders 4 Eyes - final show
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:46 pm 
Message Bored Minion

We have been honored by your hatred. I don't know why exactly we are hated so bad, but I assume it is because I tell you mother fuckers how uppity, and snobbish you are. I have always believed honesty is the best policy. There are just a handfull of people who have been great and supportive of what we have tried hard to do, which is restore a little bit of fun, a little bit of punk rock noise, and a real effort to extend some friendships to most everyone I've ever met. People are dicks, they look at you like you're a fucking lepper, when all you want to do is hang out and be a part of the same team. It makes them feel self important, and rock starish, to just label you a "hoosier", and throw your opinion out the window. And most of them come from Indiana themselves, not that the place you reside says a goddamn thing. I have been around for a long time, and I have seen a rapid change in OUR scene (yeah, motherfucker, that's right). It is full of these metal head, heroin junkies, who don't even care about eachother. Most don't even like themselves. It's just something people say, but the sincearity has not aged very well at all, it is all but stripped clean, actually. I am not a hoosier, I am a fucking person, just like you- only I am willing to step out of my comfort zone to identify with anyone I can. The air smells a lot like pretension, and it nauseates me to no extent. If being a cool guy means being anything like most of you, with your shit talking behind everybodys back, and your selfish, unswaying, political bullshit, then I am proud to be the odd man out. And I hope to always be. And all the while, any damn one of you can approach me, and I'd be happy to have a cup of joe and talk about our differences. That's something that few ever care to touch apon, and that's the only STATE that matters. So give the anal attitude a rest, and try to see things beyond your self. Words and people are much more important than a shrug of the shoulder, or the cold indifference that effects us all. All we ever wanted to do was lend a hand. That is what punk is to me. And if you ain't down with that, I guess I just don't understand why I still care. But I won't ever stop. I've been ignored, misunderstood, and beaten down until it hurts. This is the emotion that fuels me. And I continue to search for kindred spirits at every corner. That one notion means more to me than all the put downs, and smug laughter you can ever throw our way. So I want to thank you for letting me be myself, and I want to let you all know that I still love and believe in you, even if me and my philosophy is the butt of all your jokes. I'm glad I could entertain you, somehow. And I'm glad to have been able to make this music, that is so unpopular. - thanks, friends.

Attachments:
flyer tba small.jpg
flyer tba small.jpg [ 161.6 KiB | Viewed 1005 times ]

Last edited by O'blivion on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Spiders 4 Eyes - final show
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:35 am 
Forum Super Soldier

Fetal Homicide would totally play this if I were in town.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:30 am 
Message Bored Minion

Aw, shit, man. That sucks, but thank you for the gesture. You rock! Maybe when I get my next project together, we can play a show sometime.. peace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:31 am 
Lou Punk/Hardcore Overlord

By God man, have you no cooth? How dare you speak ill of the Louisville Punk/Hardcore Illuminati! How dare you taunt me, Lord Tiberius Fontleroy Earl of Monocle and Heir to the Sir Lord Higginbottom Top Hat estate, and sully my good name, and the name of your social betters by forcing us to confront your horrid words! And from a Hoosier no less. I scoff at you kind sir.

The Louisville Punk/Hardcore Illuminati does exist, so for that, my dear chap, you are correct. We meet once per fortnight to banter freely about who shall and shall not enjoy the perfumed fruits of our labors, and you sir, do not have the stuff. Spider4eyes, we have plotted against thee for nigh forescore days, to determine your worth, and we deem you unworthy, both for the crime of Hoosierdom, and for the offense of not being punk enough. We have looked at our journals, and you do not have the grit required to be as punk as we are, so we cast you out. Begone and never come back, for we the Lords of the Louisville Punk and Hardcore Rock and Roll Secret Illuminati Society say good day kind sir.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:57 am 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

Sir Lord Monocle wrote:
By God man, have you no cooth? How dare you speak ill of the Louisville Punk/Hardcore Illuminati! How dare you taunt me, Lord Tiberius Fontleroy Earl of Monocle and Heir to the Sir Lord Higginbottom Top Hat estate, and sully my good name, and the name of your social betters by forcing us to confront your horrid words! And from a Hoosier no less. I scoff at you kind sir.

The Louisville Punk/Hardcore Illuminati does exist, so for that, my dear chap, you are correct. We meet once per fortnight to banter freely about who shall and shall not enjoy the perfumed fruits of our labors, and you sir, do not have the stuff. Spider4eyes, we have plotted against thee for nigh forescore days, to determine your worth, and we deem you unworthy, both for the crime of Hoosierdom, and for the offense of not being punk enough. We have looked at our journals, and you do not have the grit required to be as punk as we are, so we cast you out. Begone and never come back, for we the Lords of the Louisville Punk and Hardcore Rock and Roll Secret Illuminati Society say good day kind sir.

this should be the official louisvillehardcore fake account. brilliant, my good sir!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:00 am 
Message Bored Minion

The very fact that you respond, shows that we are effective. But there is no reason to be an idiot. Your pride and patriotism is equaled in just about everyone, everywhere. And if everybody thinks they're the fucking best, when does conflict end, and understanding begin? And don't you fucking talk to me about being not punk enough. That's really dumb. I am unfortunately, grounded to the earth, but I am not confined to any man made region, I can be anywhere and be a native, because I live on the same planet. I was not born in Indiana, but I moved back here from Louisville, because most of you have the same "artist / origionator" attitude. Fuck you, man. You aren't better than anybody, neither am I. But at least I'm man, and punk enough to realize it. Find something better to do than mock other people, or is your life that fucking boring and lonely?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:02 am 

Paul Watkins wrote:
Sir Lord Monocle wrote:

this should be the official louisvillehardcore fake account. brilliant, my good sir!

By jove, but this is as real as the biscotti that I have supped upon this fine morn. Good day, sir.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:08 am 

spiders4eyes wrote:
The very fact that you respond, shows that we are effective. But there is no reason to be an idiot. Your pride and patriotism is equaled in just about everyone, everywhere. And if everybody thinks they're the fucking best, when does conflict end, and understanding begin? And don't you fucking talk to me about being not punk enough. That's really dumb. I am unfortunately, grounded to the earth, but I am not confined to any man made region, I can be anywhere and be a native, because I live on the same planet. I was not born in Indiana, but I moved back here from Louisville, because most of you have the same "artist / origionator" attitude. Fuck you, man. You aren't better than anybody, neither am I. But at least I'm man, and punk enough to realize it. Find something better to do than mock other people, or is your life that fucking boring and lonely?

But my good sir, all of my esteemed colleagues and I are by definition better than you. We do not smell, and have the finest of punk rock chops, making us catagorically the creme de brulee of the punk/hardcore inner circle. When your council of punk rock elders explains something to you as simple as the fact that you, my dear sir, are a heinous all smelling hoosier, unworthy of even the smallest scraps of punk rock fortune, you sir, need to buck up and take one on the chin. Nothing we say is dumb -only smart- and we find the glamour of our "artist/origionator" attitude to be a robust reflection of our punk rock superiority. We are good sir, the punkest punk rockers to ever grace the planet, and you should be happy that we have set our top hats aside (as gentlemen do) to grace you with our attention. Good day to you sir.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:22 am 
Message Bored Minion

Yeah, ok. It's all a joke. I'll try to laugh at it more often. Thank you for making light of my feelings, that's really cool of you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:25 am 
Master and Commander

Does this thread mean youve had your morning coffee?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:37 am 

spiders4eyes wrote:
Yeah, ok. It's all a joke. I'll try to laugh at it more often. Thank you for making light of my feelings, that's really cool of you.

I find a quote from "A League of Their Own," a most punk rock movie, if not in actuality as in spirit, to be most germane here: "There is no crying in Punk/Hardcore." I would say then that as your feelings are that everyone is stupid who doesn't like the music that you've made public, that we, the punk/hardcore illuminati have judged wisely, and have again been proven to be the smartest and most punk people to ever grace punkrockdom. We are true managers of our generation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:45 am 
N00Benstein

Let's just cut to the fucking chase here-

Johny, learn to play the goddamn bass if you want your rock band to be taken seriously. If you are too lazy to do things like practicing scales and learning some technique, you only have yourself to blame if no one wants to play with your rock band. If you don't want to learn to play your instrument, you can always call yourself 'experimental' like every stupid noise/drone band in town.

Second, maybe if you were a little less acidic, judgmental and presumptuous in your public postings, we wouldn't just watch your threads for the inevitable chip-on-the-shoulder 14 year old shit fit. The truth is a lot of people here are genuinely interested in building a positive, inclusive scene and your introduction to the board suggested you are a cancer, and every subsequent post proves it. Yes, there are a lot of assholes who play music- I personally don't want to include another.

Frankly, people on here have been holding back.

And now you have something justified to be upset about, too.

Last edited by TrollTrollingTroller on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:08 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

TrollTrollingTroller wrote:
Let's just cut to the fucking chase here-

Johny, learn to play the goddamn bass if you want your rock band to be taken seriously. If you are too lazy to do things like practicing scales and learning some technique, you only have yourself to blame if no one wants to play with your rock band. If you don't want to learn to play your instrument, you can always call yourself 'experimental' like every stupid noise/drone band in town.

Second, maybe if you were a little less acidic, judgmental and presumptuous in your public postings, we wouldn't just watch your threads for the inevitable chip-on-the-shuolder 14 year old shit fit. The truth is a lot of people here are genuinely interested in building a positive, inclusive scene and your introduction to the board suggested you are a cancer, and every subsequent post proves it. Yes, there are a lot of assholes who play music- I personally don't want to include another.

Frankly, people on here have been holding back.

And now you have something justified to be upset about, too.

Pretty much this, although I've never heard the dude play to my knowledge. Real talk time Mr. Spiders4Eyes, if that is your real name: look at your post history. Hell, look at what you wrote in this thread. Is that someone you would want to go out of your way to associate with? I sure as fuck don't.

Also I really enjoy that novelty account, props to whomever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:25 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

What a gem of a thread. Love all you have contributed to this board. Some of your insightful posts have been a real EYE opening experience. Can't wait for the reunion show!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:28 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Also, Brainz Out/Iron Wolves are probably still holding the throne for Louisville's most hated band. Sorry to inform you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:31 pm 
Shen-Long of the Internet

spiders4eyes wrote:
But at least I'm man, and punk enough to realize it.

SNNNNOOOOORRRREEEEEE

It's not that anyone hates you directly or anything but it's a HUGE case of "been there done that". Over my span of music in this town I, and everyone else for that matter, have seen the angry "punk" four chord noise whatever over and over and then the band members bitch because no one "likes" them and it bores me into a coma. It seems you want acceptance, and that's fine and good, but isn't wanting acceptance sort of the opposite of what it means to be "punk"? Listen, I like terrible, room clearing bands. I just don't like boring bands. And I'm bored. If the only interesting thing about your band is your rants on a message board then well, you know, there's your problem. Don't stop playing just play something... not boring. Get a sense of humor for chrisakes.

And please quit referring to yourself as "punk". For over the last two decades punk has become nothing but a fashion show. You can be repulsive, anti-social, subversive whatever in many more, interesting ways than by referring to you or your band as some tired washed up label. Just my two cents. But please. Get a sense of humor. People find that interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:35 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Bump, because this thread is without a doubt the hottest thing happening on this board. This Monday! (I know it says the 20th.)

Attachments:
yeah.jpg
yeah.jpg [ 133.71 KiB | Viewed 936 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:49 pm 

best thread.

i love how you assume we judge the shit out of you guys as people, not that we're judging your band.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:51 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Paul Watkins wrote:
best thread.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:01 pm 

Origion.
Best Metallicol song ever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:06 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

XmoeX wrote:
Also, Brainz Out/Iron Wolves are probably still holding the throne for Louisville's most hated band. Sorry to inform you.

What about that band Porosis that dropped the n-bomb a few years back? Or, for that matter, xHardLifex?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:15 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Anghrist wrote:
XmoeX wrote:

What about that band Porosis that dropped the n-bomb a few years back? Or, for that matter, xHardLifex?

Man, good point. The list is a lengthy one, but S4E just didn't make the cut. Most annoying? No contest. Most hated? Na

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:24 pm 

motherfuckers whats up

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:20 pm 

When I was in college, I broke up with a guy and he accused me of doing it because he "wasn't punk enough." It was a stupid thing to say then and it's pretty stupid today.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:58 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Paul Watkins wrote:
best thread.

i love how you assume we judge the shit out of you guys as people, not that we're judging your band.

Are you not doing both?