It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:21 pm

Post subject: Re: Finally! Now everyone can afford healthcare!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:10 am 
Message Bored Minion

ah...yes....we could have several discussions about pre-existing conditions and how there are several different scenarios in regards to healthcare and insurance

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:18 am 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

Salena wrote:
adie.....I totally had this gigantic message about my battle and ownership of the type 1 diabetes typed up but the server would not have it. If you have those sugar levels under control. If your yearly A1C is good, you check your sugar level regularly, etc, etc....then work something out with your endo. No reason to tell her that the system is horrible...just explain your situation. If your readings are good when you do see her....then keep up doing what you are doing, be aware of the fluctuations in symptoms(because now my low levels make me sleepy and my high levels make me sweaty),...then keep doing what you are doing...your doc knows the system is bad. Until the system requires patients to adhere to doctors orders and doctors to treat the illness and not the symptoms, it is going to be messed up

I'm sorry but you don't know me or anything about my "ownership" of my diabetes. You are also not aware of the experiences I've had with various care providers and so when I voice them to my endo it's not just to bitch, it's for a reason. I know how to manage my disease but thanks for the refresher course.

Also, yearly a1C? I have my a1C checked every three months when I can afford it.

I'm sure your intentions are good but as you know, diabetes is a personal disease and the relationship with one's doctors is very personal. I don't appreciate other people questioning the way I handle my own situation. It comes across as condescending and I really bristle at condescension.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:30 pm 

adie wrote:
Salena wrote:
adie.....I totally had this gigantic message about my battle and ownership of the type 1 diabetes typed up but the server would not have it. If you have those sugar levels under control. If your yearly A1C is good, you check your sugar level regularly, etc, etc....then work something out with your endo. No reason to tell her that the system is horrible...just explain your situation. If your readings are good when you do see her....then keep up doing what you are doing, be aware of the fluctuations in symptoms(because now my low levels make me sleepy and my high levels make me sweaty),...then keep doing what you are doing...your doc knows the system is bad. Until the system requires patients to adhere to doctors orders and doctors to treat the illness and not the symptoms, it is going to be messed up

I'm sorry but you don't know me or anything about my "ownership" of my diabetes. You are also not aware of the experiences I've had with various care providers and so when I voice them to my endo it's not just to bitch, it's for a reason. I know how to manage my disease but thanks for the refresher course.

Also, yearly a1C? I have my a1C checked every three months when I can afford it.

I'm sure your intentions are good but as you know, diabetes is a personal disease and the relationship with one's doctors is very personal. I don't appreciate other people questioning the way I handle my own situation. It comes across as condescending and I really bristle at condescension.

Keep in mind adie, most diabetics do not take care of themselves. I see diabetics on a regular basis at my work that have been coming to us for years specifically for diabetes that have no clue what an A1C is. I have people come in and regularly have a BS in the 300s and I ask them how it got to 300, their answer "I don't know. I guess my medicine isn't working" ummmm no. I don't think salena means any harm. If I don't know better I assume all diabetics are uncontrolled and meds are just increased when "needed"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:07 pm 
Message Bored Minion

yeah...sorry Adie...I really didn't mean any harm by it. If you got things under control...that's awesome! But like awesomesmasher said, there are too many diabetics that don't take care of it at all. And not only is it really horrible for them, in regards to the cost of healthcare, they are driving it up fast.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:41 pm 

no fun wrote:
truth

it's not about health - it's about good business. money is the incentive for all parties involved, which is just an inevitable condition of circumstance. some people who previously couldn't afford health insurance can now do so, and as a result, people who make money helping sick/injured people can help themselves as well.

it's not perfect, but it's an improvement for a lot of people. it definitely is for me.