It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:50 am

Post subject: Slint - Washer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:00 pm 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

[url=http://www.louisvillehardcore.com/2014/04/slint-washer/]Slint - Washer[/url]
-------------------------------------
YouTube user mikekole caught this video of Slint playing Washer last night at Nelligan Hall.

Post subject: Re: Slint - Washer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:48 pm 
Message Bored Minion

That audio sounds pretty good in that YouTube video. I thought the show was great; it was different than the original reunion shows back in 2005 (not in a bad way; it was raw and more stripped down then the times I saw them at the brown in town and at the metro in Chicago)

Anyways, I recorded the live stream of the show from the artxfm.com broadcast. I'm Still in the process of cutting up the individual tracks and converting it to mp3s but I would gladly send someone a copy of the show if they missed it in person or on the internet broadcast.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:01 am 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

I'd pay more than a few burritos for that. Thanks a ton for taking all the time and energy to work that out!
WEAPONS wrote:
That audio sounds pretty good in that YouTube video. I thought the show was great; it was different than the original reunion shows back in 2005 (not in a bad way; it was raw and more stripped down then the times I saw them at the brown in town and at the metro in Chicago)

Anyways, I recorded the live stream of the show from the artxfm.com broadcast. I'm Still in the process of cutting up the individual tracks and converting it to mp3s but I would gladly send someone a copy of the show if they missed it in person or on the internet broadcast.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:15 pm 
Message Bored Minion

No problem. It wasn't too difficult to do it all. I'm finishing up with the mp3 conversions now. I guess I can email you the tracks in a few diff emails depending on how many megabytes gmail restricts me to per message; unless you know of a better way?

Also, I could just burn it on to a cd and meet up with you in person if you prefer to do that. Let me know otherwise I'll jut email it to ya.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:51 am 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

Once the files are split, could you put them all in one folder, compress that folder, and create a sendspace link? It'd be less time consuming for you than sending smaller emails.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:47 pm 
Vegeta of the innarwebs

WEAPONS wrote:

I would love this as well. I was only able to tune in for a few songs, and was/will be out of town for every slint event in Chicago this year. Sad face.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:07 pm 
Message Bored Minion

Darth Radical wrote:
Once the files are split, could you put them all in one folder, compress that folder, and create a sendspace link? It'd be less time consuming for you than sending smaller emails.

I've never used sendspace before. Is it pretty self explanatory?

worm merkin wrote:
WEAPONS wrote:

I would love this as well. I was only able to tune in for a few songs, and was/will be out of town for every slint event in Chicago this year. Sad face.

No problem. Send me your email address. Mine is n0sidd02@gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:13 pm 
Vegeta of the innarwebs

Emailed! Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:37 pm 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

WEAPONS wrote:
I've never used sendspace before. Is it pretty self explanatory?

It's super easy, and very self-explanatory. I'm mostly a luddite and I figured it out almost immediately.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:50 am 
N00Benstein

WEAPONS wrote:

I shot you a message too about this, using the email address you provided. The stream flaked out on my end in the middle of it, so I was hoping to take you up on this. Thanks so much for providing this offer!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:17 pm 
Message Bored Minion

I'll be posting up the send space link tonight. I've got a little bit of editing left and then I'll be ready

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:30 pm 
Message Bored Minion

Heres the sendspace link for slint at nelligan hall on 4/15/14; there are two small spots (on track 6. Washer: 3/4 min into the song; and track 10. Good Morning Captain: a few minutes into the song) that I didnt get to clean up where the sound cuts out for a second or two and then comes back. Im pretty sure it is on artxfm's end of the broadcast that it happened on. The good thing is, it just delays for a second or two, it doesnt actually cut out the recording so if someone wanted to edit out the spots of delay, you wouldnt even notice a difference or skip.

edit; Actually, the problem on Good Morning Captain is more significant then I said; it starts to skip pretty crazy like its being remixed around a minute and a half into the song. Im working on making a better edit now and might repost a link just for that track.

Enjoy:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/korvwy

Let me know if there were any problems with the upload.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:49 am 
Forum Super Soldier

Big thanks for the upload!