It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:50 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 am 
Message Bored Minion

a rains wrote:
I'd be willing to chip in for a general fund for shows at Keswick and a PA if you're interested in doing shows again, Jamie.

Me, too. I would be happy to help!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:37 pm 
Master and Commander

Doug Walker wrote:
It would be rad if someone would do another venue in the old armory quad. The Soundstick and the 540 ruled.

the quad has been long since restored. the building that the 540 was in is long gone. there are some great restaurants there now and the city government/courts are in the main building in the center.

there is a really cool church for sale on spring st in new albany that if i had 199k i would buy and turn into a venue. other than that, im not sure of any specific places over here where one could do a venue but im sure they are out there and are likely way cheaper than 199k and/or could be rented.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:05 pm 
N00Benstein

spiders4eyes wrote:
a rains wrote:
I'd be willing to chip in for a general fund for shows at Keswick and a PA if you're interested in doing shows again, Jamie.

Me, too. I would be happy to help!

I could chip in like 100 if I get it back after the show's over.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:06 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

One of those Kinghorse videos made me think. Does anyone know anything about booking Red Barn at UofL currently? WFPK does live lunches there but as far as I know that's the only music related event they have there. It seems like red barn's pretty underused unless organizations are giving out free food.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:03 pm 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

Has anybody ever tried the Jeffersontown community center/city hall to see if they have a space to rent?

Also ... there's always GATTILAND (if you can come up with $1000 up front).

Ein neuer, böser Tanz. Alle gegen Alle!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:21 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Does anyone know anything about this place and whether they might have shows?
http://800eastmarket.tumblr.com/
http://www.jebbanner.com/please-and-thank-you-opening-in-louisville
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Please-Thank-You/186313431411053#!/pages/Please-Thank-You/186313431411053?sk=wall

Any connection to this?
http://www.louisvillehardcore.com/tag/please-and-thank-you/

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:45 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

I've seen them doing construction on it for the last month or so whenever I was going to LBS. I don't think it's open yet is it? I was confused about the point of its existence. We already have coffee and record stores, so I guess I was just confused why they'd try to jack of all trades it up. There aren't many coffee shops in that area though so maybe that serves a need. And kids can get their Bon Iver and Mt Eerie records while they're there.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:48 pm 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

sabo wrote:
I've seen them doing construction on it for the last month or so whenever I was going to LBS. I don't think it's open yet is it? I was confused about the point of its existence. We already have coffee and record stores, so I guess I was just confused why they'd try to jack of all trades it up. There aren't many coffee shops in that area though so maybe that serves a need. And kids can get their Bon Iver and Mt Eerie records while they're there.

nothing wrong with coffee and records. I saw a picture of a cinnamon roll from that place and it looked pretty damn tasty. also, their coffee is cheaper than heine bros, and any slight against that place is fine by me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:57 pm 
Message Bored Minion

Red Barn is probably a no-go. From http://louisville.edu/studentactivities/redbarn:

"The facility is available for use by students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other interested parties. For more information about the facility, or to inquire about its availability to host an event, please contact the Student Activities Office at 852-6691, or e-mail here.

The Red Barn reserves the right to reject any request for programming that it deems as offensive, immoral, obscene or is not in keeping with the university's guidelines and policies or serves no constructive purpose in meeting the academic and learning needs of our students.
"

sabo wrote:
One of those Kinghorse videos made me think. Does anyone know anything about booking Red Barn at UofL currently? WFPK does live lunches there but as far as I know that's the only music related event they have there. It seems like red barn's pretty underused unless organizations are giving out free food.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:19 pm 

SOMEONE BUY LYNDON LANES.*

*I would buy/run it but I have no money.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:48 am 
N00Benstein

Hey new here. Im in a band called Common Collective and run a half ass website http://thelocalsounds.net where I've posted some articles about booking which amount to some pics of various venues and contact info. TLS booking articles ->http://thelocalsounds.net/booking-gigs The list is not complete there are still some venues that are not on there.

I've become a semi-promoter as a result of the tls web site and performing with Common Collective. I have some dates booked over the summer and Halloween weekend at the Bard's Town (Formally Big daves Outpost, formally fat cats), a bowling alley at Strike Zone (Out by KY Kingdom) and Harleys Main St Tavern downtown. You could easly book at any of these venues own your own (Except Strike Zone) or you are more than welcome to get on a date that I all ready have booked at these places. Just call/txt me 502 286 9322 or email robeysan@bestofthebottom.net, its a google voice number so you may have to leave a message. I 've been putting quite a bit of hip hop on these events but don't let that discourage you, mainly Im not very in touch with the rock side of louisvilles music scene and would love to put more actuall bands one these bills. If you can bring your own crowd then performing with a hip hop act wont be a problem.

Also Skull Alley is now Uncle Slaytons, a smaller venue that attempts to thow 'upscale' events. I've tried booking the myself but haven't had a whole lot of luck as they want to retain control over who plays and show concepts.

Also as if you didn't allready know Cahoots has built a damn good stage and is hosting shows. Look for a guy Eric Snider for booking info. He's only working directly with bands and generally not open to promoters running shows there until he gets to know them. But It's a good bet because hes a hard worker and has been doing shows for a while. Any way wifey is calling got to go.
Peace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:55 am 
Master and Commander

evenmoregeneric wrote:

i met jeb up at iusb my freshman year of college. probably before some of you were born. he loaned me the pixies doolittle on cassette. turned me onto a lot of good bands. used to run into him in bloomington sometimes. also probably before some of you were born. very cool dude.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:31 pm 

Next door to BBC where I work there is a place called Club Roxburry. They do hip hop mostly on Saturday, but the manager has told me he would like to to other kinds of music during the week.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:58 am 
Forum Super Soldier

Ragen Daley has opened a new venue called The Recovery Room at 1800 Frankfort Ave. He's currently booking bands there for Friday night shows.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:17 am 

seanroberts wrote:
Ragen Daley has opened a new venue called The Recovery Room at 1800 Frankfort Ave. He's currently booking bands there for Friday night shows.

venue or hospital themed bar??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Paul Watkins wrote:
seanroberts wrote:

venue or hospital themed bar??

I guess it's a hospital themed bar, that wants to put on shows, so I would call it a venue.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:20 pm 
N00Benstein

dude coudl you like shred licks at Hooters you know. cause for real I would be love a gig there n shit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:10 pm 
N00Benstein

What about the Keswick Democratic Club? I went to a Nakatomi Plaza show there back in 2006 and the venue seemed pretty good

Peter Kropotkin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:18 am 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN

It's still available to rent out. I think $400 was what I last heard, but that could be way off. The problem has been that too many shows there in the past couple of years either weren't promoted well or were on the same night as several other shows, so it was hard to get many people in there.
BanjoRed91 wrote:
What about the Keswick Democratic Club? I went to a Nakatomi Plaza show there back in 2006 and the venue seemed pretty good

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:49 am 

flexyournoggin wrote:
It's still available to rent out. I think $400 was what I last heard, but that could be way off. The problem has been that too many shows there in the past couple of years either weren't promoted well or were on the same night as several other shows, so it was hard to get many people in there.
BanjoRed91 wrote:

yeah, its costs too much and kids don't go.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:09 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Which is unfortunate, because while keswick is still pretty meh, I don't have an overwhelming aversion to entering it like I do for cahoots. I've only been to a few actually packed shows at keswick, and they were all in early high school (I want to say against me and/or strike anywhere but that could be wrong).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:25 pm 
N00Benstein

Cost I can understand, but why do kids not go? I mean Germantown is not that bad of a neighborhood and it's not far for Highlands brats either

Peter Kropotkin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 pm 
Message Bored Minion

I went to a show at keswick recently. Kinda sketchy due to the fact that the only people I knew were in Late Ones (can't talk to them) and there was literally no one under 18 other than me. I am not sure if I would/could go there to a show again just because I was a little uncomfortable with the surrounding area when I went outside to chill. This Years Finest and Late Ones sounded good Mixtapes and Such Gold was playing, but I wasnt allowed to stay since I had school.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:44 pm 
Message Bored Minion

A couple of people I know are buying a place in Portland this summer and they're wanting to have shows there. I can't remember what the place is called, Flannigan Hall I think.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:47 pm 

Nelligan Hall?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next