It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:21 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:46 pm 
Message Bored Minion

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:31 pm
Posts: 281
jmiller wrote:
Nelligan Hall?

That's it.

_________________
In such ugly times, the real protest is beauty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:13 pm 
Forum Super Soldier

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:19 am
Posts: 709
xXDeviXx wrote:
I went to a show at keswick recently. Kinda sketchy due to the fact that the only people I knew were in Late Ones (can't talk to them) and there was literally no one under 18 other than me. I am not sure if I would/could go there to a show again just because I was a little uncomfortable with the surrounding area when I went outside to chill. This Years Finest and Late Ones sounded good Mixtapes and Such Gold was playing, but I wasnt allowed to stay since I had school.

Why were you uncomfortable with the surrounding area? I don't think there's much foot or street traffic except for people going up st cats.

_________________
LOOSE = DIE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:27 pm 
Message Bored Minion

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:53 am
Posts: 194
Location: Derby City
Because it seemed a little sketchy. I was also alone, and it was darker.

_________________
DFTBA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:00 am 
N00Benstein
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 44
Location: louisville KY
STARTING JULY 1ST NELLIGAN HALL, UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT, WILL ONCE AGAIN BE HOSTING SHOWS
FOR BOOKING INFO CALL 603 545 4702 OR EMAIL NELLIGANHALLBOOKING@GMAIL.COM
NELLIGAN HALL IS LOCATED IN THE WEST END AT 2010 PORTLAND AVE


Attachments:
DSCNbooty.JPG
DSCNbooty.JPG [ 111.25 KiB | Viewed 2750 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:55 am 
Master and Commander
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 1243
603 area code? Is a fellow New Hamsphire person running this?

_________________
"I dont care about politics and the enviroment, I do care about weed, stage diving, and ridding the world of snitches."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:12 pm 
N00Benstein
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 44
Location: louisville KY
kLucius wrote:
603 area code? Is a fellow New Hamsphire person running this?


yessir I'm from Concord NH originally, lived in Louisville about a year now. there are three of us currently living at nelligan, and we are tentatively looking for a fourth roommate


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:43 am 
Master and Commander
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 1243
nelligan hall wrote:
kLucius wrote:
603 area code? Is a fellow New Hamsphire person running this?


yessir I'm from Concord NH originally, lived in Louisville about a year now. there are three of us currently living at nelligan, and we are tentatively looking for a fourth roommate

Nice, I grew up about 20 minutes outside of Keene in a town called North Walpole. Ill be sure to check out Nelligan soon.

_________________
"I dont care about politics and the enviroment, I do care about weed, stage diving, and ridding the world of snitches."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:28 pm 
N00Benstein
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 44
Location: louisville KY
Things got fucked up again. Our lanlords got evicted from the mammoth by the fire marshal last night, this means that they'll want nelligan hall back. All the shows that are already booked are still happening but we're gonna have to find another place for all ages shows.
Thanks for everything
Logan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:15 pm 
Message Bored Minion

Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:53 am
Posts: 194
Location: Derby City
nelligan hall wrote:
Things got fucked up again. Our lanlords got evicted from the mammoth by the fire marshal last night, this means that they'll want nelligan hall back. All the shows that are already booked are still happening but we're gonna have to find another place for all ages shows.
Thanks for everything
Logan

NOOOOOOOOOOOO *slow motion*

_________________
DFTBA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:04 pm 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:29 pm
Posts: 16826
Location: Louisville
Oh shit.
nelligan hall wrote:
Things got fucked up again. Our lanlords got evicted from the mammoth by the fire marshal last night, this means that they'll want nelligan hall back. All the shows that are already booked are still happening but we're gonna have to find another place for all ages shows.
Thanks for everything
Logan

_________________
duncan wrote:
im a turtle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:04 am 
Forum Super Soldier

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:19 am
Posts: 709
So the mammoth is shut down or they are just no longer allowed to live there?

_________________
LOOSE = DIE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:44 pm 
N00Benstein
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 44
Location: louisville KY
From what I understand everything is done there


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:35 am 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:43 pm
Posts: 2762
Location: louisville
nelligan hall wrote:
From what I understand everything is done there


i'm kinda not surprised at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 pm 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:29 pm
Posts: 16826
Location: Louisville
Definitely not up to fire code the one time I went to see you all play.
Paul Watkins wrote:
i'm kinda not surprised at all.

_________________
duncan wrote:
im a turtle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:18 pm 
N00Benstein
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 44
Location: louisville KY
flexyournoggin wrote:
Definitely not up to fire code the one time I went to see you all play.
Paul Watkins wrote:
i'm kinda not surprised at all.


They left nelligan hall in a similar state, even with all work we put into the building I'm sure the fire marshal won't be too pleased when he comes knocking on the door and sees them living in a fire hazard again.

What's the word on chestnut coming back? I know some pretty serious plans have been made towards that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 pm 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:29 pm
Posts: 16826
Location: Louisville
Bank on it. The hanging romex alone would give them a fit, and for a room that size there needs to be a fire suppression system (more than a few fire extinguishers) installed most likely.
nelligan hall wrote:
work we put into the building I'm sure the fire marshal won't be too pleased

_________________
duncan wrote:
im a turtle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:53 pm 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:43 pm
Posts: 2762
Location: louisville
the only way a venue is going to survive is if someone thinks about all that stuff prior to opening. hindsight, i know, but we keep getting into these situations it seems.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:56 pm 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:29 pm
Posts: 16826
Location: Louisville
It's all just part of all ages shows. Part of the game.
Paul Watkins wrote:
the only way a venue is going to survive is if someone thinks about all that stuff prior to opening. hindsight, i know, but we keep getting into these situations it seems.

_________________
duncan wrote:
im a turtle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:32 pm 
Let's Make This Post Legendary

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:43 pm
Posts: 2762
Location: louisville
flexyournoggin wrote:
It's all in the game.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:12 pm 
Message Bored Minion

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:11 am
Posts: 187
Location: Louisville
First off... Logan doesn't know what he's talking about.

Secondly, spreading rumors on the internet before to talking to someone who's phone numbr you have is... well, you pick the word.

We can't be evicted... as we own the warehouse. We have an up to par (regularly inspected) dry sprinkler system throughout the entire 90, 000 sf of building. From what I have been told, a temporary Romex line is acceptable... for a short period of time.

[soapbox]
So obviously it's not impossible for someone to pull a space together and run it responsibly. I understand the nature of the forum, but there's just a lot of talking here, which is why I keep my hands moving to make things happen (and stressful topics like this out of mind). I suggest that if people want more alternative spaces to be available that they roll up their sleeves and volunteer to help maintain what is generally taken for granted. My general experience is that people take more than they give to these kinds of places, which results in failure. Government feels it has a role to play in keeping people safe... so we play the game. How are each of us helping to make sure that what we have now is sustainable? [/soapbox]

So, in short, we have a lot of work to do (which is ALL we do) to appease authority... which is what we always expected, just didn't spring for. But rest assured, the Mammoth ain't gone, or going away. Word.

_________________
Blah, Blah, Blah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:22 pm 
Message Bored Minion

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:11 am
Posts: 187
Location: Louisville
By the way, I have a meeting with the mayor on Friday to discuss city gov's interest in helping artists somehow and they want suggestions abour artist neighborhoods, colonies (hate that word), zones, spaces etc. I'll be sure to mention how the city loves to brag about its geat arts and culture, but does very little to help navigate through the roadblocks it puts up. There is nearly nothing on that level to help spark creativity in this town. Wet Blanket City.

_________________
Blah, Blah, Blah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 pm 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:29 pm
Posts: 16826
Location: Louisville
Just to be clear, this was about Nelligan Hall.
flexyournoggin wrote:
Bank on it. The hanging romex alone would give them a fit, and for a room that size there needs to be a fire suppression system (more than a few fire extinguishers) installed most likely.
nelligan hall wrote:
work we put into the building I'm sure the fire marshal won't be too pleased


As for the Mammoth, it's good to hear that it isn't done at all. I didn't remember seeing any fire suppression system, but if you say it's there, I trust in that Aron. My bad. I have only been there once and it was after dark, with few lights on inside. There were tons of wires out (after going back and looking at my photos), I thought the Marshall had a shit fit about that at other venues, but if they're OK with it being temporary, that's something else completely.

I'd give a finger to have Chestnut fully operational again.

_________________
duncan wrote:
im a turtle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:35 pm 
Message Bored Minion

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:11 am
Posts: 187
Location: Louisville
Gotcha Bryan. I didn't mean to get so defensive about it... I'm a little miffed about this being on the internet immediately upon explaining the situation to a 3rd party, which I requested be kept under their hat. Nelligan Hall is a mess, no doubt, and fixing it up as soon as possible is a priority.

_________________
Blah, Blah, Blah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:37 pm 
FATBERG AHOY, CAPTAIN
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:29 pm
Posts: 16826
Location: Louisville
Word, word, and no worries man.
a.con.a.way wrote:
Gotcha Bryan. I didn't mean to get so defensive about it... I'm a little miffed about this being on the internet immediately upon explaining the situation to a 3rd party, which I requested be kept under their hat. Nelligan Hall is a mess, no doubt, and fixing it up as soon as possible is a priority.

_________________
duncan wrote:
im a turtle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Venues
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:29 pm 
Message Bored Minion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:08 pm
Posts: 65
Chestnut isn't back, or at least anytime soon, but we are having a show there soon enough.

a.con.a.way wrote:
By the way, I have a meeting with the mayor on Friday to discuss city gov's interest in helping artists somehow and they want suggestions abour artist neighborhoods, colonies (hate that word), zones, spaces etc. I'll be sure to mention how the city loves to brag about its geat arts and culture, but does very little to help navigate through the roadblocks it puts up. There is nearly nothing on that level to help spark creativity in this town. Wet Blanket City.


This is awesome, I hopefully that went over well. You should see if they can get some heat off chestnut. I know I'm willing to roll my sleeves up to keep it around.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: